DIY Homemade Popsicles

I have found a ton of yummy recipes for homemade popsicles on Pinterest. We had to try some and there are a few more we want to try! We made some with yogurt and berries the other day and they were super yummy. I didn't get photos of those, but we put greek yogurt, creamed honey, a bit of vanilla, strawberries and blueberries. Some of the recipes we have tried turned out great and some not so much. You can manipulate them pretty easy and it is fun to try different ingredients. Instead of grabbing a chocolate bar, cookie or other naughty sweet it is so nice to have a yummy, healthy, cool treat when you have that sweet craving!

Below is strawberry, lime, greek yogurt, cream and raw sugar. I really liked them! Elly my 10 year old said the lime was a bit much.
Before we started, we put the popsicle molds in the freezer to chill while we got the ingredients ready.

After cutting and prepping we put all the ingredients in the blender. Then poured it in the molds! After 2 to 3 hours we took the molds out of the freezer and ran warm water over the mold of each popsicle we wanted to eat. The rest can go back in the freezer for later.

Here are some I made for myself. Cucumber, mint, lime, watermelon, raw sugar and sparkling water!
I put a touch of salt in. They tasted a bit like a mojito:)





While Elly and I were making popsicles, Lucy and Asoka were taking a nap:)

Here is Elly enjoying a pineapple and vanilla yogurt popsicle!

Below are a few that we made:)
Each has the ingredients I listed below plus a bit of raw sugar, vanilla or creamed honey.
from left to right:
Yogurt, Cream, Strawberry, Blueberry
Yogurt and Blueberry
Watermelon, Cucumber, Mint, Lime and Sparkling Water
Vanilla Yogurt, Pineapple


A few recipes to try!





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness those all look so yummy!! Where did you get your Popsicle molds???? :)

    ReplyDelete