YT Family

We recently visited Ohio to see Grandpa Larry and Grandma Kathy. Being in the city really causes a person to realize the need of humans to be around nature. Green, fresh air, the sounds of animals fulfill a need in us. The city is amazing don't get me wrong. But it can not replicate the beauty of the Earth.


 Kathy has a MAJOR green thumb. This is her garden. The girls picked rosemary, cucumbers, peppers, green beans, tomatoes and squash while we were there.

 Suburbia isn't the place for our family. But I do have to admit there are some tempting things about it. The open space for the kids to run and grow things. The STORAGE space. I do not have room for a blow up pool, volleyball net, tents and lounge chairs in the city. Having a wonderful place like this only a few hours drive away to venture to will suit this urban family well.

 We set up and slept in a tent in the backyard. It was so therapeutic. We all loved falling asleep and waking up to the sounds of nature.
 Yes this creek is in their backyard.





 I only think one thought when looking thru the next few pictures. Classic America!






 There's me. The shadow.





 My Beauties.

 Campfire and S'mores that night before we slept in the tent. Josh and his dad made an inferno.


 The Perseid Meteor Showers were happening while we were there. The card on my camera was filling up so I took most of the photos that evening with my phone. These are a few I was able to take. We ended up camping at the lake and watching the Meteor shower that evening. The local astronomical society brought telescopes. We were able to see Saturn thru one of them. It was breathtaking.




It has been a good summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment